Sunday, November 23, 2014

Friday November 7th, 2014 - Museum of Nature

So I was a bad Mommy (or was I).. I decided today to take Campbell out of school and Miles, Campbell and I went to the Museum of Nature. Campbell has been asking to go and they had a Bioluminescence exibit on that was ending that I thought he would really enjoy.. I must say that I think it was well worth taking him out of school, as both the boys are at better ages for getting more out of the museum.. We stayed there for just over 5 hours and they loved it. They were both interested in listening to the videos that they have throughout the museum to learn about the exhibits. It was quite an experience for me to see them getting so much out of it and learning from what they were telling me about what we were looking at.. It was GREAT!!

Here is Campbell in front of a leaf bug.. it was one of the not so yucko looking bugs.

Here are the boys in front of some bugs..

Miles watching something informative.

Campbell watching something informative..

The boys listening to a description of the mammals that made it through the dinosaur extinction. Campbell was pretty thrilled with learning that some mammals lived through that.

Campbell standing on the scale that tells you how many of the other animals you weigh. He weighs 3547 hummingbirds, 118 blue jays, 9 mallard ducks or 1 turkey.

Miles weighs 2069 hummingbirds, 69 blue jays, 5 mallard ducks or 1 turkey.. Needless to say that they don't have that it says a portion of a turkey.

The boys on the other side of one of the aquariums.

We had an amazing time and learnt a lot.. We stayed at the museum for over 5 hours and they were exhusted.. both fell asleep on the way home in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment